Graphite Electrode UHP 600 is often used in AC electric arc furnaces. The main features are
higher bulk density
Very low resistivity
Allow large current load
High flexural strength
Small thermal expansion coefficient
|Base Furnace Information
|Application (AC / DC)
|Quantum Electric Arc Furnace
|Furnace Capacity in MT
|Annual Production MT
|0.84 million MT
|Graphite Electrode Data
|Electrode Diameter (mm)
|Min Dia. (mm)
|Max Dia. (mm)
|Electrode Length (mm)
|Min Length (mm)
|Max Length (mm)
|Nipple Size Dia X length (mm)
|317.50 X 457.20
|Nipple Type (IEC)
|Pitch Plug (Yes/No)
|Dust Groove (Yes/No)
|Electrode Consumption Nett kg/MT
|1kg/MT steel production
|Electrode Consumption Gross kg/MT
|Avg. % Breaks/Month
|Oxidized Length (M)
|Tip Diameter (mm)
Using high-quality needle coke and modified pitch binder to develop high-quality UHP graphite electrodes makes high-energy load resistance and high-current operation possible.
With the development of the industrial economy, many countries have reformed. They are actively stipulating the self-sufficiency system of steel production.They have introduced electric arc furnace steelmaking one after another.
1. In terms of appearance and surface parameters, the graphite electrodes must meet the following requirements:
on-perpendicularity of the generatrix of the electrode surface to the end should not be more than 0.20 mm.
-the flatness of the end surfaces of the electrode should not be more than 0.15 mm.
– ovality and conicity of the generatrix of the electrode surface should not exceed half the tolerance on the diameter of the electrode. The depressions should not exceed the maximum deviations in the diameter of the electrode.
– on the surface of the electrodes are not allowed:
1) chipped edges of each end with a depth of more than 8 mm, a total length of more than 40 mm;
2) chips and shells on the surface with a depth of more than 8 mm, a length of 20 mm;
3) more than two longitudinal cracks at a distance of at least 200 mm from the bottom of the nipple socket to the middle of the electrode with a length of more than 5% of the perimeter of the electrode section;
4) transverse cracks.
2. In terms of appearance and surface parameters, nipples and nipple sockets must comply with the following requirements.
– misalignment of the nipple socket relative to the generatrix should not be more than 1 mm.
– the ovality of the nipple seat along the inner diameter in the area up to 60 ° should not be more than 0.6 mm.
– recesses from centering on the ends of the nipples should not be more than 15 mm.
– on the surface of nipples and nipple sockets it is not allowed:
1) more than two chips of threads with a length of more than 15 mm;
Did you like this product? Please Share